Hair Extensions at Hair by Elements Hair Salon in Bishop’s Stortford
Long hair that looks healthy and full of volume can be yours with the finest human hair extensions at our Bishop’s Stortford hair salon.
If you’re thinking of having hair extensions, your first step is to book in for a complimentary consultation with one of our hair extensions specialists. We will assess your hair’s suitability for hair extensions and will give you all the information you need to make an informed decision on which look to go for.
We offer the best Cinderella Hair Extensions as well as Temptress Pre Taped Hair Extensions. Prices for hair extensions vary by length, type and colour and we will be able to advise you on a price for hair extensions during your consultation.
Enjoy Longer, Thicker Hair with the Best Hair Extensions
Sick of waiting for your own hair to grow longer?
Need a boost of volume that lasts for more than a few hours?
Suffering from hair loss?
Hair Extensions are a fantastic way of adding thickness, length or dashes of vibrant new colour to your own hair. If you are not blessed with naturally thick, long, glossy locks, we can highly recommend transforming your hair with what many say are the best hair extensions in Hertfordshire.
Cinderella Hair Extensions use the finest keratin protein moulded bonds which means they can be fitted with no damage to your natural hair, while nourishing and stimulating natural hair growth. The full Cinderella Hair Extension range is cuticle correct to avoid tangling, double drawn (which means the majority of hair is the same length so no nasty flyaways or straggly hair), and ethically sourced.
We offer hair extensions in four lengths and different hair styles and types including straight, wavy, curly and afro hair. There are over 60 different colours, including a palette of 20 blondes, balayage, pastel shades and a range of fiery reds so you can colour-match or go for more dramatic effects.
Your hair extensions will be easy to maintain if you follow our advice, and Cinderella have their own high-quality range of products that have been specially formulated to care for your extensions.
Different Types Of Hair Extensions
Micro-Bonded Extensions: These extensions use no heat or glue to fix your hair in place. They are attached to your own hair using micro bonds which fit around your natural hair. This method should keep your extensions in securely for up to 2 months, when properly maintained and cared for.
Pre-Bonded Extensions: These are made of several strands of hair bonded together at the tip with keratin glue. This method uses a heating wand that melts the glue to secure the extension to your own hair. The fusion method should keep your extensions in securely for 3 to 4 months, when properly maintained and cared for.
Pre-Taped Extensions: Our Temptress hair extensions are pre-taped which means they are relatively quick and easy to apply to your hair. They come in 12 colours, are available in 15cm, 30cm and 50cm lengths, and usually last 10-12 weeks, with care. They can also be reapplied once they have grown out.
Getting The Best From Your Hair Extensions
- Use professional products on your hair extensions. Your hair extensions specialist will recommend the best products to help you look after your extensions.
- We do not recommend colouring, tinting or perming the extension hair as these types of products contain elements that can damage the extension hair and even though our extensions are 100% human hair, they are not receiving nutrients from the scalp like your own natural hair.
- Avoid over-heating your hair extensions. Treat your extensions with the same respect as you would with your own natural hair, superior aftercare and regular maintenance will keep your hair feeling and looking great for longer.
- Avoid washing your hair extensions for at least 2-3 days when you have pre-bonded extensions. After that, use a dry shampoo from Redken or Paul Mitchell on any oily root areas as this allows the bonds to fully harden. The longer you wait, the better it is for the longevity of the bonds.
- Tie your hair into a loose ponytail or plait at bedtime. Use a soft scrunchie.
- Do not water down your shampoo or conditioner to make it go further. This can have really disastrous results such as dryness, matting and dullness in the extensions.
- Take extra care when drying and styling wet hair extensions. The hair is at its weakest when wet so ensure it is dried gently and handled carefully.
- Use a hair extensions brush. When brushing your hair, use a brush designed for your extensions. Other brushes with balls on the ends can rip and break the hair. Keep your extensions tangle free by brushing your hair up to two times a day.
- Book a hair extensions maintenance appointment. It is advisable to have a maintenance appointment a month after you’ve had your extensions fitted to make sure everything is going well.
Book Your Hair Extensions Consultation at Hair by Elements Hairdressing Salon in Bishop’s Stortford
To book a hair extensions consultation, call our Bishop’s Stortford hairdressers on 01279 505151/506010 or book online. We also advise you visit the salon a few days after your extensions are first fitted, and then a month afterwards for your first maintenance check. Allow a little extra time each day to look after your extensions, but otherwise, you can treat them just like your own hair!